Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Locarno Beach and Granville Island


Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh




I went to Locarno Beach and Granville Island with a bunch of other students/reserachers on my trip. it was kind of a sight-seeing tour. Here are some pictures.




I was kind of dissapointed at Granville Island. It had a lot of nice shops and a view of the water, but I was kind of expecting an actual island. This was like a concrete peninsula used to attract tourists. The traffic was unbearable and there were cars meandering around in the pedestrians everywhere. On the plus side, I saw some really nice gardens and "floating houses" in a pond.









Locarno Beach was really nice and clean. It had the perfect sand and not many people or pollution. It also had a perfect view of the mountains and city and took you far away from the chaos of Vancouver streets. I tried finding seashells but I found only broken pieces.


I like visiting Vancouver, but I would never live there. I can't imagine living for more than two weeks. It seems like everyone is in a big rush and no one finds any time to slow down and enjoy life. Getting to your destination also take forever due to the traffic. Drivers seems stressed out. There are also hundred, maybe millions (just kidding), of shopping plazas. How much stuff does one need? It seems like our society is used to buying something one day and throwing it out the next. And I don't mean little or small things. I mean huge expensive items like sofas, dining tables etc. Also I didn't realize how fresh and clean the air is here in the mountainous regions of Prince George. When I got home I took long deep breaths of "fresh air" :)On the plus side there is a lot of variety in Vancouver, meaning that there is a lot of different restaurants/foods, tourist sites, attractions etc to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment