Saturday, September 24, 2016

Daily Hukamnama

Today's Hukamnama (Ang 633) from Sikhnet
Sorat'h, Ninth Mehl: In this world, I have not found any true friend. The whole world is attached to its own pleasures, and when trouble comes, no one is with you. ||1||Pause|| Wives, friends, children and relatives - all are attached to wealth. When they see a poor man, they all forsake his company and run away. ||1|| So what should I say to this crazy mind, which is affectionately attached to them? The Lord is the Master of the meek, the Destroyer of all fears, and I have forgotten to praise Him. ||2|| Like a dog's tail, which will never straighten out, the mind will not change, no matter how many things are tried. Says Nanak, please, Lord, uphold the honor of Your innate nature; I chant Your Name. ||3||9||

5 comments:

  1. http://www.sikhfoundation.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Strong, diverse, resilient countries like Canada didn't happen by accident and they won't continue without effort. Every single day, we need to choose hope over fear and diversity over division."

    http://sikhchic.com/current_events/diversity_requires_effort

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing awesome job/Seva/Sikhi with those you-tube videos teaching people kirtan. Know that people may not write comments, they appreciate your work. Thanks. Keep up the good work. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your comment. Behind each video is a lot of unseen footage (pressing the wrong keys, making other mistakes, people coming in halfway through, laughing, etc.!) so it takes me a long time to record even one shabad. I've been getting busier with school, but I will try to post when I can because I just love kirtan so much. May God bless you too.

      Delete