Sunday, June 20, 2021
Mr. Singh
I did a freehand drawing of a random photo of a Singh I found online and learned a lot. For one, I realized that cold press watercolor paper was not a good paper for drawing. It is extremely textured and was very hard to color with pencil crayon. In some places, I liked the texture, for example the shawl, in other places it was very hard to manage (ex. the skin). I learned about colors- I felt the drawing was more realistic before I added the background and his chola. I decided that I didn't want to make it exactly, I wanted the photo to just be a reference. I wanted to make his chola yellow but it was very difficult to add different shadows to shades of yellow where there would be wrinkles. The other piece was the background, I had originally planned blurs of different colors but because of the rough texture of the paper it was too hard to execute so I ended up doing one color which turned out quite bright. Overall it was really enjoyable to do so that's all that matters. I think its always interesting to try out different things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment